Now for those of you who are like me and really do not like reading
long winded PDF Installation guides. Here is the SHORT on how to get
Data Protector Installation server installed on RedHat/CentOS/Suse Linux System.
- Download the 2 Data Protector Linux Installer ISO Images from HP’s WebSite.
- Mount both images on the server you are installing this on
Example… ( mount -o loop -t iso9660 /root/B6960-10011.iso /mnt1/ )
Example… ( mount -o loop -t iso9660 /root/B6960-10012.iso /mnt2/ )
- Now copy over the contents of DP_DEPOT and LOCAL_INSTALL to a local mount of disc1
Example… ( mkdir /root/DPINSTALL )
Example… ( cp -rf /mnt1/DP_DEPOT /root/DPINSTALL/
- Now copy over the contents of DP_DEPOT from disc2 into /root/DPINSTALL/DP_DEPOT/
Example… ( cp -rf /mnt2/DP_DEPOT/* DP_DEPOT/ ) You will be overiding 2 rpm’s, but that is alright
- Change over to the DPINSTALL directory and install the RPM’s
Example… ( cd /root/DPINSTALL )
Example… ( rpm -ivh *.rpm )
- Almost done…..
assuming you will install clients using SSH Keys. And this is how I
will be showing you on how to get this to work. You can copy over the
example omnirc file and use that one..
Example… ( cp /opt/omni/.omnirc.TMPL /opt/omni/.omnirc )
- Now you will need to enable the ssh keys option.
Example…. ( open up /opt/omni/.omnirc using your favorite editor ) and modify this line….
and change it to….
- We now need to generate a SSH KEY
Example… ( ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 2048 )
- Once the key is generated ( assuming with out a password ) you now need to copy that key over to the clients that you want Data Protector installed on.
Example… ( scp /root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub client:/root/.ssh/authorized_keys ) This is assuming that you have a /root/.ssh/ directory on your clients. If not you will have to create one.
You are now ready to import the installtion server into your Data
Protector Cell Manager… VERY IMPORTANT """" DNS or your HOST entries
for your Installation Server/Cell Manager/ and all your Clients has to
be correct """"